Children and Adult Belly dance Instructor
Ng Mun Yee
Mun Yee, a dancer full of strong passion for both visual and performing arts. She studied piano since young and currently teaches music lessons. She learnt various dance form such as ballroom, salsa, hip hop, street jazz, Japanese traditional dance and etc in her school days.
Mun Yee was attracted to the middle eastern’s music, culture and dance form during her first belly dance course in the University. In 2008, she started to study this dance form and continue to be inspired by teachers and masters such as Joey Bay, Mercedes Nieto, Serkan Tutar, Saida Helou, Yamin Annum, Hindi Haymour, Katrina Shareen, Virginia, Jin Hee Kim, Serap Su and etc. from all over the world.
After 2 years of learning, Mun Yee began to perform frequently and currently a member of JDA Jewelz.
She has won multiple awards since 2011, namely
- Solo Amateur Category Second Runner Up in Belly Dance Competition by Wanna Dance Studio 2011.
- Solo Advance Category First Runner Up in Belly dance competition by Wanna Dance Studio 2011
- Troupe champion in World Belly Dance Competition 2014, Singapore
- Troupe champion in Oriental Xpression 2015, Malaysia
- First Runner up in Professional Group, Asia Global Bellydance 2015, Singapore
- 4th Position in Professional Solo in Oriental Xpression 2016
- Troupe champion in Professional Group, Oriental Xpression, 2017, Malaysia
- Troupe Champion in Professional Group, D’Oriental World Dance Fiesta 2017, Singapore
- Troupe Champion in Adult Professional Group, Mabrouk Festival 2018, South Korea
- 1st Runner Up in Adult Professional Group, Mabrouk Festival 2018, South Korea